Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Frankenstein questions chapters 17 and 18

1. Why does the creature say he is malicious? Do you think his feelings are justified and/or understandable?
I think that he says that he is malicious because he went on a rampage and hurt people and caused a few deaths. Yes I find that this is understandable.
2. Why does the creature think he will be happy with a female like himself? Do you agree with him? Explain why or why not.
I think that he wants someone that will accept him as he is, because they are as horrid as himself. I do not agree with him, I think that he is such a social creature, he will be driven crazy by living with one person at all times.
3. Describe Victor Frankenstein’s reaction to the monster’s request. What does he decide? Do you agree with his decision? Why or why not?
At first he decides against constructing another monster for his original monster. I think that he should make one just to show the monster how miserable he would be.
4. Why does Victor decide to go to England? How does he feel about Henry going with him?

5. Explain the following statement Victor makes: “But through the whole period during which I was the slave of my creature, I allowed myself to be governed by the impulses of the moment.” Give examples of how this is tru

6. How is Henry a Romantic? Explain.

No comments: